What are emollients?
Emollients are very effective moisturisers that soothe, smooth and hydrate the skin, keeping it moist and flexible so that it doesn’t itch as much.
Emollients are the first treatment for all dry skin conditions. They come in a range of different formats (creams, lotions, ointments, skin cleansers and bath additives) and should be used generously and frequently.
Complete emollient therapy
Complete emollient therapy is the daily use of creams, ointments, bath additives and skin cleansers. When a mixture of emollients is used, mild and moderate symptoms can be managed without resorting to stronger treatments like steroids.
Using a combination of emollients will reduce the number of flare-ups and give the best results.
Regular use of an emollient, even when the skin has improved, will relieve the symptoms of dry skin and help provide a protective barrier.
The Epaderm range is available as a cream and an ointment, providing all of the moisturising and protective benefits of paraffin-based emollients and can be used for eczema, psoriasis and other dry skin conditions.
- 2-in-1 clinically proven emollient and skin cleanser
- Non-greasy formulation absorbs quickly into the skin
- 3-in-1 ointment can be used directly on the skin, in the bath or as a skin cleanser
- Ideal for very dry and cracked skin
- Epaderm Junior is the newest addition to the Epaderm family
- Suitable for children’s delicate skin, Epaderm Junior is free from fragrance, colourings and SLS